For the vast majority of Americans, mobility has only ever looked like one thing: the car. Automobiles have meant big business for more than a century. Vehicle ownership has driven huge economies, generated massive influence on policy and been central to the American identity since the car’s invention. But large-scale forces - climate change, urbanization, millennials - are shifting the automotive’s role as the center of Americanism.
This presents a meaningful challenge for stakeholders within the mobility space, from OEMs to fleet operators to those new market entrants who are trying to respond and harness these trends.
That is why we at Wunder Mobility are thrilled to announce that we are expanding operations into the United States.
Since launching in 2014, we have become the go-to technology service provider to major OEMs and mobility startups across the world, including Daimler, Toyota, Yamaha and BMW, and we could not be more excited to bring our services to the U.S. We believe the U.S. market presents an exciting opportunity to expand even more internationally and and that Wunder Mobility’s unique product offerings are ideal for the American market.
In the U.S., a common assumption most people have is that Uber and Lyft own most of the transportation options in the market. In reality, those ride-hailing companies only cover 1% of the U.S. market. The remaining 99% includes all kinds of transportation methods and services, which have proven sustainable business models but have largely existed offline. These mobility solutions are largely fragmented and many are trying to solve their problems in-house, without expertise or deep knowledge. That’s where Wunder Mobility comes in - we provide a full suite of mobility services that meet a wide variety of needs, making it a one-stop solution for a wide variety of companies in the U.S.
Whether it’s a car dealer in Kentucky, a global automotive manufacturer in the Rust Belt, or a mobility startup in San Francisco, we can help with a flexible, multi-modal technology solution to build, innovate and scale new mobility services to meet the demands of consumers.
Our expansion into the U.S. includes a new American HQ in Los Angeles, new U.S. customers, and the closing of our Series B round at $60 million in financing from our investors Blumberg Capital and KCK. In addition to an automotive company, two U.S.-based startup customers that we are especially excited about are Caramel, a car-sharing startup, and Kuhmute, a charging station company from Flint, Michigan.
We’d like to thank all of our customers, our team, our investors and our partners for helping us get to where we are today. We look forward to continuing to grow our customer base in the U.S. and beyond to further accelerate our mission to help companies move mobility forward.